26 February 2009

Thankful Thursdays: OK, honesty time...

...I have a confession to make. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to write about today.

I know, what a terrible person. Can't you think of even one thing you're grateful for? Not really. Nope. I have a long list of complaints instead. I'm incredibly dizzy; my cough hasn't gone away; the antibiotics aren't helping; the cafeteria didn't have any good protein for lunch; I cannot even sing. The weather is dreary; I want to see my family; I can't pay attention in class; my students turn in their assignments late; my travel mug leaks; the housekeepers don't do a good job; someone broke one of my bowls last night; I need quarters to do laundry. Oh, and I need to sit desk tonight too.

Pretty much the only thing I can do successfully is sleep. And obviously, whine.

I know in my head that God's mercies are new every morning. It's difficult to praise Him for what I can't see, though.

I am just praying that somehow, He uses this for His glory. I sure can't understand where a 10-day dizzy spell and complete inability to think coherently fits into God's eternal providence, but I guess they do. Sometimes I wish He didn't have quite so many mysteries.

1 comment:

  1. I think He just wants you to talk to Him. :) I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete