25 September 2013

I know not any

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.”

-Isaiah 44:6-8

Dolomites mountain peaks
image credit: Nickolay Khoroshkov


God made these mountains.

God also made you.

And there is nobody even close to matching Him in love or power or wisdom or beauty.

And because He loves his children, all of that matchless love and power and wisdom or beauty, it gets dumped out on us every day and throughout eternity.

Is that not the coolest thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment