24 August 2012

Weekend linkage

Me: I like the name Genevieve.
Jared: How would you spell that?
Me: G-E-N-E-V-I-E-V-E. And I like Eliza too.
Jared: How would you spell that?
Me: With an E. I also like Rose.
Jared: How would you spell--
Me: OH MY GOODNESS JUST STOP IT.
Jared: hahahaha

---

Pregnancy happenings: At least being sick 75% of the time gives me a legitimate excuse to lounge about with books. Yesterday I read Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers (yes! the whole thing!) and about half of Kim Edwards' The Memory Keeper's Daughter--which is extremely good so far. Though I managed to get some work in too, mostly I am working my way through the stack of Stuff I Haven't Read Yet.

In other news, I want Chipotle and our baby looks like a tadpole. (A cute one.)

---

Hipsters: visit Applebee's ironically! I love the Onion.

Interesting animated history of LEGO.

What ho! Another BBC period drama in the works.

Now that is a brilliant flash mob.

Climbing wall inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

Someone please buy this for us.

4 comments:

  1. I love the name Genevieve! Also, I loved The Memory Keeper's Daughter! I originally read it just because it is a local Kentucky book, but it was really good.

    Happy for your frog baby.
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually keep thinking of you as I read it-- especially when she mentions Versailles. Thanks to you, I know how to pronounce that. ha ha.

      Delete
  2. I really liked the Lego History video. Did you find it or did Luke send it to you? :)

    Rrribit!

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found it all by myself... go me!

      "Emma" is in at the library. Maybe we can find a time to watch it next week.

      Delete