06 April 2012

Weekend linkage

"Reverence for church meetings is a Belgian ale."
-Jared

My husband, the master of metaphor. I'll leave you to puzzle that one out.

---

We shall read books and we shall read them slowly.

"The Best Nanny Money Can Buy." As in $180,000 per annum.

So many passwords in my head these days; I try to make them clever and somewhat relevant to the site in question-- you know, like "ispend2much" for Etsy-- but that doesn't always jog the old memory. Tell me, am I the only one who forgets mine constantly? The password reset people probably roll my eyes when they see my name. (There are people who sit there on the other end of the internet and choose your new password for you, right?) Well, at least we can laugh at ourselves.

Oh man oh man oh man. As soon as raspberries come into season, these macaroons will be making their way to a table near you. (That is, if you are anywhere near our table.) I may try them with some strawberries, in fact, still in the freezer from last summer's pickfest. We'll see how they come out with unsweetened coconut . . .

This post is so sweet, so sobering, and yet so filled with faith. "The difference is now, I'm not sad . . . More like joyful and expectant, with these sprouts of sad coming up through the cracks when I see fluffy yellow sleepsacks." Yeah, me too.

Last week I got addicted to this broccoli salad. Did I already post that link? I don't even care. It's that good. I used plain Greek yogurt and homemade mayo; add some kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and my friends, you're in business.

Note to grocery list: summer's coming, time for gin.

And Rachmaninov is amazing.

Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18: No. 1, Moderato by Rachmaninov on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment