11 November 2011

Weekend linkage

One of my lovely sisters-in-law is, for a period of time, on a strict allergen-free diet-- one which excludes both peanuts and tree nuts. So she bought some Sunbutter instead. We were talking about this and wondered, hmm. Could one make sunflower seed butter in a Blendtec? 

Well, one can, and so I did. It's good! Makes a killer smoothie with yogurt, blueberries, and bananas. If I add more honey my homemade concoction will taste almost exactly like the commercially produced stuff (though not as smooth) and will sure be a lot cheaper. Score one for the mega-blender.

Do you love exercising hospitality? Need something beautiful to peruse? Try Kinfolk Magazine, a web publication advertised as "A Guide to Small Gatherings." The first issue is free. :)

Yeah, I feel like this is the only appropriate way to react to the current circus of presidential bids . . . thanks to my Youtube-trawling siblings for the link.

My laptop is requesting this bag for Christmas.

If you, like me, tend to buy whole chickens more often than chicken pieces, here is a handy guide to breaking down a chicken.

Clever magnets, doubling as a grocery list!

p.s. If you're looking for a good Pandora station, try Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment