18 May 2011

I knew I loved pumpkin.

lets make some pumpkin piePumpkin . . . in pancakes, pie, muffins, cake, cookies. So delicious. I'd like to try it in baked oatmeal next.

I actually use butternut squash most of the time. It tastes the same, sweeter if anything. And it's cheaper! I bought a lot of butternuts in the fall, roasted them till soft, pureed them, drained the puree of excess water, and froze the whole beautiful lot in quart bags.

Anyway, I just found a new reason to love pumpkin. This mask made my face-- which is very cranky and sensitive-- very happy. And I looked very silly while I had it on, so if you're easily amused, you have to try it.

Soothing Pumpkin Face Mask

(originally from Endless Beauty by way of Crunchy Betty)

2 tablespoons cooked mashed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried milk powder

Whisk together till smooth. Slap it on your face, laugh at yourself in the mirror, and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Clean up and moisturize.

{photo credit: abbiekay on Flickr}

No comments:

Post a Comment