29 April 2010

Spicy.

I looked in the fridge. I looked in the cupboard. Epicurious to the rescue, and dinner was served.

Spicy Black Beans with Chorizo
adapted from Epicurious.com

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 ounces chorizo sausage
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15-ounce can black beans, undrained
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper (or more-- I definitely used more!)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
Brown sausage and remove from skillet.
Add onion and garlic to remaining oil, cooking until browned.
Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Serve over rice with sour cream and grated cheddar. And fresh cornbread, please.

1 comment:

  1. My parents and I made this tonight. It was excellent! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete