10 October 2008

But He Can

"O my Strength, I will watch for you,
for you, O God, are my fortress.
My God in His steadfast love will meet me;
God will let me look in triumph on my enemies.

...I will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.

O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
for you, O God, are my fortress,
the God who shows me steadfast love."
-from Psalm 59

I can't do this. But He can. Whatever "this" is (from passing an exam to exercising self-control) my strength comes from God alone, and His power does not fail. In the midst of distress, therefore, we should never give up, because our Sovereign God provides both a fortress for retreat and an unstoppable force for victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment