07 July 2008

Happy Summer Things

Five summery things that just make me glad to be alive.

1. Fresh fruit. Blueberries, peaches, watermelon, raspberries, apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew, wineberries. (A blueberry glace tart is in the works for tonight...)

2. Long evening walks. Down to the creek for getting wet and muddy, or around the block for "exercise" (actually to find wineberries and tease at the yip-yappy dogs on Loop Road).

3. No school unless I want to. And thesis reading doesn't count. (I should probably be arrested for managing to get college credit for The Wind in the Willows.)

4. Picnics and hikes. One good thing about living in the country is that you can even have a picnic on your porch and feel outdoorsy.

5. The whole world ahead of me, but not much to worry about right now. The future always looks rosier during summer vacation (but wait till the school bills start to roll in...).

This has been an exercise in gratitude, and I think it worked. :)
.

1 comment:

  1. oh my dear dreamy friend - baking tarts and reading children's literature for some sort of honors thesis - ha! love <3

    ReplyDelete