20 June 2008

Creativity

Here's when I'm happiest: when I am making something. Whether nestled in the center of my home, kneading dough for cinnamon rolls and sketching silly pictures for Mark, or wandering on a forest path, crafting poems in my head and composing photographs, or working with pen and paper, scribbling notes for a children's story and writing curriculum for my many students...I love creating beauty, I love creating useful things, and I love it when the two combine! This is all in joyful imitation of my Creator God, and I can't wait to see what He gives me to do next.

And now for something completely different:


I'm cranky about taxes at the moment, so THIS is what I think of our current government! I absolutely love America--the real core of it, the people and the ideas. But Washington is messed up. No matter if you look at the Republicans or the Democrat, we've got loads of moneygrubbers and sophists, eager to strengthen the Nanny State and never thinking about personal liberty and local responsibility. Growl.

Done being crabby now. Enjoy your weekend, everyone :) And to quote one of my favorite English professors, Dr. Whalen: "Have a good life, be of good cheer, sing hey-nonny-nonny!"
.

No comments:

Post a Comment