16 February 2011

Worth a cheer

Huzzah for the following:

1) I learned how to take stains out of the carpet, or at least lighten them dramatically. With a mixture of 1 tablespoon laundry detergent, 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar, and 2 cups warm water, goodbye to the mud, tea, and cinnamon syrup (don't ask). Thanks to Barefoot Lass for the tip.

2) An excuse to buy a dress . . . at Ann Taylor no less. Being in Julia's wedding, I am obliged to wear this. Yeah. Poor me.

3) Essential oils are delightful. I just got my first little bottles-- rosemary, lavender, and sweet orange-- and love them. The rosemary and orange worked magic in my homemade cleaners. And the lavender has gone into many beauty routine concoctions, such as a salt and olive oil scrub. It smells like Provence.

I'd give you a celebratory recipe, but the thing I have in mind really has no recipe. Here are my precise instructions: blend a banana with tropical fruit juice* and ice until thick and smooth, spike with Bacardi, as liberally as you please, and enjoy. We did.

*Ours was a mango-guava blend. Recommended.

{image credit:
csavules on Flickr}

No comments:

Post a Comment