06 August 2008

Birthday

Rachel and I had tea together.


Simon: "Happy birthday! Now you're 21 and you can do stuff."

---

Rachel: "How come Rebekah doesn't get presents?"
Me: "I'm too old."
Mom: "Um, no. Her presents are the wine and steak and all the other expensive food we've had today!"

Menu (always one of the most important parts of one's birthday):

Breakfast...yogurt-berry parfaits, bagels and marmalade, and Irish Breakfast tea
Lunch...taco salad
Dinner...grilled steak with mushrooms, broccoli, Italian bread, caponata, and a Chilean Merlot
Dessert...chocolate torte with raspberries and whipped cream (which was also good on coffee!)


---

Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you established the earth, and it stands fast.
By your appointment they stand this day, for all things are your servants.
If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life.
I am yours; save me, for I have sought your precepts.
The wicked lie in wait to destroy me, but I consider your testimonies.
I have seen a limit to all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad.--Psalm 119 "Lamedh"

No comments:

Post a Comment