22 August 2013

pretty happy funny real #7

Linked up with Like Mother, Like Daughter.

{pretty}

We are so happy with our new furniture. This is just the couch, but there's a loveseat as well. We found it at Harry's in Leola; they always seem to have good deals (I remember my parents finding some very nice things there years ago).

{happy}

I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER. EEEEEEE.



Look, tech toys are always fun, but this is especially exciting to me because the school year begins next Wednesday. And since all of my teaching involves either internet or Microsoft Word, I'm thrilled to have a computer that does things when you tell it to . . . rather than thinking about it for three minutes and then giving you an error message.

{funny}


Elizabeth is generally pleasant in the mornings. After a good night's sleep she wakes up cooing, not crying. I love that. This is a little video I took the other morning-- at this point she had been talking to herself for at least five minutes.

She's trying to find her feet, but the sleep sack is getting in the way. :)

{real}


Remember that beautiful loveseat? No sooner had we brought it into the house than Ellie baptized it in a stream of half-digested milk. But after paper towel blotting and a treatment of baking soda and thorough vacuuming, you can't tell at all. I knew there was a reason we chose this color.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new furniture! It's lovely and looks like it will be easy to decorate with. I like the green throw on the back.

    Suscipio4women
    3-2-1 Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new couch, too! Great color. It's so hard with children to have nice things sometimes, but you do what you can :)


    And yay for a new computer. I got a new laptop for Christmas and I still enjoy it lots, except for one thing - I'm a little jealous that you got a mac - I'm really hating Windows 8! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long)
    so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any points for beginner blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


    Take a look at my blog post: termite control Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need some new furniture. We have only had our couch for two years but with a family our size I don't think they last very long. Ours already has a broken spring! Very good color choice though, it will hide things well, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete