22 September 2011

In which I get in touch with my inner Bugs Bunny




I like carrots, but was never apt to munch them plain. This dressing changed my mind. Now I eat carrot sticks so I can have more Ranch. :)

---


Herb Ranch Dressing
(originally from Maid in Alaska) 

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream*
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon dried parsley**
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
pinch dried sage

Combine all ingredients; whisk together in small bowl for the low-tech version, or in a blender if that's what you fancy. (If you have one, a Blendtec creates a very smooth dressing by turning the herbs into evenly sized specks, which is nice.)

*Sour cream or strained (Greek) yogurt makes for a thicker dressing.
**A delicious variation is to replace half of the parsley with tarragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment