23 July 2009

Thankful Thursdays: Quotable Brothers

I am grateful for my witty, ridiculous, and altogether wonderful brothers. Taken together, they are one of the greatest blessings in my life. (Yes, even when they blare distorted fiddle music through the basement, layering it with off-tempo jazz and slapping on some Howard Shore for good measure. Sheesh.)

Quotes from the past several weeks:

"Ahh! We lost our pants!"
-Simon and Matthew

"I love drinking whitewash."
-Mark

"I felt like a German soldier in a Jewish furniture shop."
-Luke

"Do you have any contact juice?"
-Matthew

"Yeah, I wasn't really eating the watermelon. I was just driving my mouth down in horizontal lines."
-Simon (after a watermelon eating contest)

"Get your foot out of my lap!"
-Luke

"Do you like my tower of dishes?"
-Matthew

"It's okay. I'm used to picking my nose."
-Mark

"Mmm. It is very tasty and munchable."
-Luke

"I'll never laugh again, until I laugh at yooou . . ."
-Matthew (parodying a sappy love song)

"Okay, then we can put the dartboard in the kitchen."
-Simon

"What did you do to yourself, Rebekah? You will never be pretty!"
-Luke

1 comment:

  1. My brothers also have quotable quotes...this made me so excited to see them! :) A recent one is from 8 year old Derek:
    "Mom, if I don't wear covers at night will I get hypothermia?" :D Putting quotes on your blog is such a good idea! :) I'll be sure to put some up once I see mine. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete