28 May 2009

Thankful Thursdays: J People

This past weekend at the NEXT conference in Baltimore, over 3000 young adults were blessed by wonderful worship (led by Bob Kauflin), teaching (from such men as D.A. Carson, Sinclair Ferguson, and C.J. Mahaney), and fellowship (with one another and with the risen Savior!). It was excellent in every way. I know that all I learned about Christ's preeminence and power will continue to filter through my mind, affecting my life for a long time to come. I'm glad that the Lord plants seeds of change, not just working through big dramatic "bolts of lightning" but also laying the foundations for slower growth.

Anyway, thankfulness time. I could pick a lot of things, because NEXT was chock full of God's kindness. But I am particularly grateful for the joyful growth which occured in the following important relationships, with people whose names all coincidentally begin with the same letter: Jesus, Jared, and Julia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment