23 April 2009

Thankful Thursdays: Levaquin

So . . . I don't like medicine. I think I've taken a grand total of ten aspirin tablets during my entire collegiate career (that includes when I got my wisdom teeth out). I prefer suffering a headache and chills for a few days to getting the flu vaccine. And antibiotics are for losers.

Well, this semester I was a big loser, because I have been on antibiotics twice! Yikes. Most recently, I contracted cellulitis, inflammation of the skin cells. Hence my face looked like a puffer fish for a couple days.


Thanks to a very strong antibiotic (Levaquin) my face is just about back to its normal proportions. The stuff gives me a slightly upset stomach, but that is better than an infection spreading to my brain or something.

1 comment:

  1. You made an adorable puffer fish, though!

    ReplyDelete