07 April 2015

. . . or you can just laugh.

A joyful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
-Proverbs 17:22

Though I rarely cry, I can whine with the best of 'em. These days I mostly complain about my wardrobe and my house. Half these clothes don't fit and new ones are so expensive and I can't find anything that works for my postpartum body anyway and I'm not losing weight fast enough and everybody else has better clothes than I do. The living room is a mess but I'm too tired to clean it and I wish we could remodel the kitchen and buy new bedroom furniture and nothing looks the way I want it to.

Well, whining is exhausting. After a day-long pity party I feel awful! So I have started to laugh instead.

I went to three different stores and found absolutely nothing?

I have one pair of pants and a handful of threadbare shirts that I actually like?

There is a mile-high stack of laundry on our bed and mold in the shower?

It's all rather funny, actually, if I choose to see the humor instead of shouting woe is me. Complaining tends to inflate my problems anyway; things are not nearly as bad as I like to make them sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment