29 August 2014

Family snippets

"Why do I have a little girl sitting on my head?"
-Jared grapples with the reality of fatherhood

"Aww, are you just a big ball of hormones?"
-Jared is a compassionate husband


I feel just as weepy-waily as I did last pregnancy around this point . . . everything is sad, terrifying, or otherwise disastrous.

Oh wait, it's not all disastrous. Jellybean is a girl!!! We just found out this week. And that is happy. I can't wait for Ellie to meet her sister.

The summer has been uneventful overall, apart from baby-growing and garden-tending. I canned nearly two dozen quarts of peaches a couple weekends ago, and the tomatoes are coming on, possibly providing fodder for more canning. Last week we visited my grandma in Ohio, a long trip for a little girl (survived with the help of bunny crackers and raisins). We went to the fair while we were out there, which was fun, especially for animal-loving Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment