11 October 2013

Weekend linkage // 7QT #9

Linked up with Conversion Diary

1)

It has been raining for two days. Piglet is entirely surrounded by water! So we sat on the porch and watched.

Hmm, interesting.

Ellie has amassed quite a collection of "funny noises." From fake coughing to gurgling to incredibly high pitched squealing, she knows how to express her silliness.

2)

A quirky experiment: what will the US Postal Service send?

3)

Two interesting interview/profiles for you. First, Justice Antonin Scalia. "I am something of a contrarian, I suppose. I feel less comfortable when everybody agrees with me."


4)

Second, Harry Po-- sorry, I mean Daniel Radcliffe. "New York is the only place in the world where people might say they like your work but they don’t ask you for anything."

5)

Speaking of The Potter, here are 30 amusing behind-the-scenes photos from filming.

6)

Your politics for this week: the lying Obamacare poster child, and the nasty surprises in store for many middle-class Americans. ("'Of course, I want people to have health care,' Vinson said. 'I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.'")

7)

Debunking the overpopulation myth. As the oldest of six children and a mother who also would love to have a large family . . . I appreciate it when people bust that lie.

3 comments:

  1. Your links are faaaaaaabulous, and your pictures with Ellie are the best! Those eyes! I especially love the Scalia interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem we have in this country isn't that health insurance costs too much; it is that healthcare costs too much and ACA does nothing about that, it just shifts costs. No one is willing to talk about reducing costs--how, who gets less, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RebekahRandolph12 October, 2013 14:45

    Right... I wish that people would address the root of the problem! (I think that ridiculous litigation has done a lot to pump up physicians' costs.)

    ReplyDelete