13 June 2013

pretty happy funny real

{pretty}

Lid on...

Lid off.

Succulents are right up my gardening alley. Aside from the occasional water, they require little to no care. I planted these hen-and-chicks in a large apothecary jar.

{happy}


Jared got me these flowers for Mother's Day. Whenever I look out the window and see them hanging on the front porch, I'm reminded of the privilege it has been-- is-- to join the ranks of motherhood.

Only two and a half months in, I can already take Ellie for granted. Of course she's here! Of course I get to lift her out of the crib every morning! Of course I listen to her little coos and squeals as I fold laundry! Yet this was once anything but a matter of course. She is a gift and a delight.

{funny}

Ellie's hair is rubbing off. Since she sleeps with one side of her head on the mattress, the sides are going bald while her rooster crest is still as perky as ever.

The other day I noticed that her crib bumper had tiny baby hairs all over it, from where she presses up against it while she scooches around trying to fall asleep. I ran a lint roller over the fabric and picked up quite a lot of hair. I was rather sad to see it go! Jared wanted to know if I was going to save it and make a sweater.

{real}


We don't have a TV but we do have a large computer monitor and a good set of speakers. So if we want to watch something, this is our setup. Someday we'll refinish the basement and put a really nice entertainment center down there, but for now we make do. :)

Linked up with Like Mother, Like Daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Your sleeping daughter is adorable! Wishing you many moments of contentment together. :) And I like the look of the plant in the jar, maybe it's something I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of a baby-hair sweater made me laugh! It would either have to be a very small sweater, or a very hairy baby... =)
    Blessings, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Life with a computer and no TV set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete