01 February 2013

Weekend linkage

Fabulous, no?
"I think you would like being a partridge."
-Jared

---

Pregnancy happenings: Being an inveterate snoop, just as I did with our wedding registry, I regularly check the baby registry to find out what has been purchased. Jared is horrified by this. He says it's cheating. I told him that he can be surprised if he wants to, but I like knowing things! (And anyway, I still don't know who bought the items. So there is still a surprise, see?)

Here is the promised photograph from last weekend's murder mystery, which was actually the annual holiday party hosted by Jared's employer. (Since his mom and brother also work for that company, the family was quite well represented.) Jared's character was Gambling Jack, and he did, in fact, rake in the most money at blackjack! Who knew I married such a cardsharp? I was his sophisticated Southern wife, Anna Belle. Wish I could wear that hat every day.

Finally, I really never thought I'd say this, but . . . I am tired of eating.

---

This is pretty cool: Justice Scalia wore a replica of Sir Thomas More's skullcap to the inauguration last week.

"Facebook provides the most accurate NFL fandom map ever." Hmm, Alaska is confused.

Dr. Seuss subtexts.

An active-duty female member of the military gives her opinion on gender integration: "I naturally have a lot more upper body strength than the average woman: not only can I do pull-ups, I can meet the male standard. I would love to have been in the infantry. And I still think it will be an unmitigated disaster to incorporate women into combat roles. I am not interested in risking men’s lives so I can live my selfish dream."

Now some videos for your weekend. A pep talk guaranteed to produce smiles, the greatest dance number ever filmed, and a brilliant sendup of "club" music.

No comments:

Post a Comment